What is a mindset coach anyway?
Coaching is about helping people get from where they are now to where they want to be.
Coaching is about working with people to set and achieve their goals by:
a) Helping them to get clear about what they truly want
b) Reviewing where they are now and what they’ve tried so far
c) Coming up with and discussing options for action
d) Agreeing on a plan to make it happen
Mindset Coaching differs because, in addition to the four steps above, a mindset coach works with their clients to uncover the beliefs, blocks, behaviours, habits, and patterns of thinking that prevent them from living the life or creating the business they desire. Taking these insights into what makes their client tick, the Mindset Coach uses a range of reprogramming techniques to banish those blocks and replace them with ones that serve the client. By working with mindset in this way, the coach paves the way for faster results, greater transformation and lasting success.
What techniques do mindset coaches use?
Mindset Coaches are typically skilled in using a range of neuroscience-based and therapeutic techniques, including Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Time Line Therapy (TLT), Hypnosis and energy practices like Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) or Energy Alignment. This is in addition to their knowledge and experience with more traditional coaching practices. Because Mindset Coaches have the tools to gain deep insight and understanding of their clients and how they think and show up in the world, they can easily apply techniques designed to shift perception, change minds, and change lives.
Why do people go to a Mindset Coach?
People will often approach a mindset coach for help when they feel they are not achieving what they want in their lives. There’s a familiar feeling of “there’s got to be more to life than this” or “I’ve tried everything to make my business a success, but nothing’s working” or “something is holding me back, and I don’t know what it is.”
Clients may be overwhelmed, from having too many options as to what to do next, or in procrastination, not knowing how to get started, or they may lack the confidence to take action to achieve their goals.
The common link between all mindset coaching clients is a misalignment between what they want at the conscious level and the unconscious patterns, beliefs, behaviours, habits, and programs running in the background.
On the surface, they are saying, “I want X”, but underneath, their unconscious mind is doing everything in its power to prevent “X” from happening.
This can present itself in several ways. Here are just three:
What a mindset coach does is to unlock these unconscious (and sometimes conscious) patterns and then work with their client to shift and remove them. These are then replaced with new ones that help the client move forward and achieve their goals more quickly and efficiently than before.
Will Mindset Coaching work for me?
Mindset Coaching works well when you are open to making positive, permanent changes in your life. The relationship you have with your Mindset Coach requires honesty, commitment and a willingness to embrace the coaching process.
- You’ll be asked to think about yourself and your relationships in a new way.
- You’ll be asked to think about events and situations in a new way.
- You’ll be asked to change your mind about beliefs that have been holding you back from the success you crave.
- You’ll be asked to step up and take inspired action to achieve your goals.
- You’ll be asked to agree to let go of the past and focus on the future you desire.
Mindset Coaching is an investment in yourself and the life that you want to create.
Mindset Coaching will work for you if you:
- Have a deep desire to make lasting, positive changes in your life
- Feel stuck and want to move forwards quickly and easily
- Have limiting beliefs or recurring thought patterns which you know are holding you back from achieving your goals
- Know what you want but can’t quite seem to take the action you need to take to make it happen
- Have lost your momentum. You’re plodding along in first or second gear, and you know you need to get back up into fourth or fifth
- You are ready to take action to make your dreams a reality
- You want to discover your purpose and get complete clarity about what you want in life.
If you think Mindset Coaching is for you, please get in touch. I’d love to hear from you!
In Love & Light