Meditation is one of the best tools we have to counter the brain’s negativity bias, release accumulated stress, foster positive experiences and intentions, and enjoy the peace of present moment awareness. A large body of research has established that having a regular meditation practice produces tangible benefits for mental and physical health, including:
- Decreased blood pressure and hypertension
- Lowered cholesterol levels
- Reduced production of “stress hormones,” including cortisol and adrenaline
- More efficient oxygen use by the body
- Increased production of the anti-aging hormone DHEA
- Improved immune function
- Decreased anxiety, depression, and insomnia
Meditation Decreases Depression, Anxiety, and Insomnia
The emotional effects of sitting quietly and going within are profound. The deep state of rest produced by meditation triggers the brain to release neurotransmitters, including dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, and endorphins. Each of these naturally occurring brain chemicals has been linked to different aspects of happiness:
- Dopamine plays a key role in the brain’s ability to experience pleasure, feel rewarded, and maintain focus.
- Serotonin has a calming effect. It eases tension and helps us feel less stressed and more relaxed and focused. Low levels of this neurotransmitter have been linked to migraines, anxiety, bipolar disorder, apathy, feelings of worthlessness, fatigue, and insomnia.
- Oxytocin, is the pleasure hormone. It creates feelings of calm, contentment, and security while reducing fear and anxiety.
- Endorphins are most commonly known as the chemicals that create the exhilaration commonly labelled “the runner’s high.” These neurotransmitters play many roles related to wellbeing, including decreasing feelings of pain and reducing the side effects of stress.
I am SO excited to announce a new meditation program, which will launch on April 1st 2022.
<<<<<<<<< 0 to 21 >>>>>>>>>
The overarching intention is to go from 0 minutes to 21 minutes of meditation in just 21 days! I curated this offering to support my Well Being Coaching clients. Many of them are new to meditation, self-care and the benefits of a daily practice of meditation, breathwork and mudra. Then I thought why offer not offer it to everybody! Through this program, I will guide you daily via an audio recording and a few videos directly to your inbox.
It is geared towards beginners or people who would like to re-establish their connection with meditation. All you have to do is sign up and press play every day, you may love it so much you do it twice a day!!
As a ‘seasoned’ meditator I know there are some bumps on the path, it’s easy to find an excuse, to hit snooze, to feel lost … We all need a guide, teacher, coach, mentor from time to time. I certainly have luminaries in my life.
So, I am here to help you, to be your guide, to shine the light on your path, to show you the power and the benefits of meditation.
My meditation journey began with Marianne Williamson while living in New York back in 1993, and as a certified meditation teacher since 2009 with Deepak Chopra, Masters of Wisdom @davidji and Akhanda Yoga Teacher and Trainer. I know the benefits definitely outweigh rolling over for another 10 minutes of snooze time!!!
The question is are you ready to? Here’s the link and guess what it’s only £21.